Sunday, March 30, 2008

This week's Ledger

PLUS
  • Remember this "Should I watch it?" post? Well, I made an executive decision, and deleted Breaking Bad and decided to give Eli Stone a chance. And I was rewarded for my efforts. Eli Stone is a funny, whimsical and compelling show, filled with charismatic performances. Definitely worth adding to the TiVo.
  • Speaking of good TV, In Treatment finished its run Friday night. At the end of the day, it's hard to say whether or not Paul was a good therapist. (SPOILERS) He tried to fuck one patient, but couldn't, though that made her appear to be on the road to understanding how she uses her sexuality to her detriment. One patient killed himself. Oooops. One patient, portrayed by the breathtaking and revelatory Mia Wasikowska, seemed to be happier and healthier after her time with Dr. Weston. One couple was headed for divorce, but after the wife fucked her boss, I can't see where that would go anywhere good anyway. But Jake was more well balanced after the fact. And Paul was a mess at the end of the day, but committed to talking about it with his shrink. Regardless of whether or not Paul put up some scoreboard successes with his patients, the 30 minutes per night mini-dramas were fascinating and anchored by outstanding, Emmy-worthy performances from each and every actor.
  • Catching up with an old friend. Again.
  • The return of kinda warm weather.
  • Braves on TV tonight!
  • Did everyone watch the BSG specials on Friday like I told you to? They were great. I particularly enjoyed the "Phenomenon" show, where various celebrities espoused their total geek love for BSG. Joss, as usual, was fantastic. If you didn't TiVo it, no fear. Check it out, peeps:

  • Listening to Lost podcasts while taking a walk. Of course, I'm probably going to be caught up in figuring out the rules of time travel or contemplating Ben's master plan and walk right into traffic. Keep monitoring the news for the headline: "Man in Dharma t-shirt walks into freeway listening to iPod."
  • Ahhh yes. The t-shirts. I got a geeky wild hair last week and ordered these beauties:

Geeky? Yep. Awesome? Frak yeah.

MINUS
  • The unexpected fizzling of something kinda cool.
  • The Braves not on TV every night. It figures with my Schleprock like luck that I would move JUST when TBS decides to take the Braves off national telecasts and confine them to regional Georgia broadcasts, only viewable here if I pay out my ass for the Extra Innings package. At least I'll get to watch them on Washington Nationals local broadcasts. I think.
  • No more Lost until April.

No comments:

Post a Comment