Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Should I watch it?

My TiVo is littered with potential and failure.

Sometimes, I'll set up a season pass for a show that seems promising, never get around to watching a single episode, and then delete all the eps once the show is canceled or implodes critically. Last year, Smith and The Nine were examples of these types of shows. However, there are also shows that received at least a modicum of acclaim that for some reason, I just never found time for. Brotherhood and The Riches are examples of this category.

Currently, I have two shows racking up TiVo storage hours that I haven't yet viewed. First, there's AMC's Breaking Bad. I set up the season pass based mainly on the fact that I loved AMC's first dramatic offering, the terrific Mad Men, and it promised a darker anti-hero, which is always appealing. Yet I haven't heard much buzz about the show, and the premise does seem very similar to Weeds (whose second season I haven't yet seen -- just like my beloved Dexter -- thanks to the great Comcast debacle of 2007). Second, there's Eli Stone. It seemed like an interesting enough premise, and I could watch SpyDaddy in just about anything. But after an hour of having my brain warped, my reality fucked and taking pages of notes watching Lost on Thursday nights, I'm just spent and forget that Eli Stone ever aired.

So what say you, TNRLM readers? Are these shows worth my time?

No comments:

Post a Comment