Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sports Shorts

Ryan Langerhans' stay in Oakland was a short, and unbelievably unproductive, one. He hit .000 in two games, and last night, dropped a fly ball in center field leading to a run. Ouch. (I recall drunkenly mocking him with two of my buddies during spring training a few years ago. Of course, I almost got run over by a taxi during that same trip). Not that we're missing him, though.

And has anyone heard anything from Willy Aybar?

Rich Eisen apparently doesn't need to resort to "you're with me, Leather" to get some play. Wow. Perhaps I should have done more with my journalism degree.

Just when you thought you already had enough reasons to hate Stuart Scott, he ups the ante. You've got to be kidding me. I'm sure the Rutgers basketball team would rather be paralyzed versus insulted, right?

How are my baseball predictions looking? Part 1 here, and Part 2 here.
National League: all my division winners are in first place (even the Brewers!). I had the Phils for the WC, and they're playing better of late, but right now, it would be the Mets.
American League: Angels and Red Sox are in first, but the Tigers trail the Tribe by a game and a half. My WC pick, the Yankees, are imploding. Right now, the Tigers hold the WC spot.
NL Individual Awards: Eeek. None of my picks are looking particularly good right now.
AL Individual Awards: Not quite as shaky. All three, especially Vlad, still seem like solid choices.

How long before there's a reality show on Spike TV called "Ron Mexico's Kennel," featuring Lassie, Benji, Rin Tin Tin, Beethoven, Eddie from Frasier and a Korean chef?

After years disappointing UGA fans during the draft (Hines Ward? Reggie Brown? Among many others) , it appears the Falcons are wising up, and at least throwing a bone to the Bulldog faithful (in addition to getting quality players).

Speaking of Bulldogs, sad story about Terreal Bierria here.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was bothered by this. At least they weren't wearing the sub-XFL unis from Any Given Sunday. And if betting on JP Losman doesn't indicate that Tony has a gambling problem, I don't know what does.

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Go Tigers! Just wait until my sports boyfriend Kenny Rogers comes back. They're going to be a powerhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will he be bringing his pine tar, er, "dirt" with him? :-)

    I kid. Although a die hard Braves fan, I was actually rooting for the Tigers last year in the World Series. They are very likable, except for world-class asshole Gary Sheffield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. yoga clothing

    ReplyDelete