Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Partial Holiday To Do List

One of the joys of the holiday season, and indulging in the "use it or lose it" vacation days, is the complete absence of a formal agenda. No work schedule. No family obligations. No place to be. Hell, no need to shave or even get out of your jammies. Plus, no one looks at you funny for quaffing bloody marys and watching Doctor Who reruns at 7 AM. Well, the cats do, but that's just because I won't share any of my vodka with them.

Still, there are a few things I want to accomplish during this extended break, including (but not limited to):
  • Go through Garmin's convoluted and confusing process for updating all the maps on my GPS.
  • Program all my favorite XM stations into the new receiver in my car.
  • Avoid all sappy xmas music and specials.
  • Catch up on all the shows on my DVR (for the first time in forever, it's up to 90% free right now).
  • Knock out a chunk of the book - Game of Thrones - that's been burning up my Kindle recently.
  • Read the comic collections of Planetary. The first volume was terrific.
  • Doctor Who xmas special!
  • Hit the theatres for a few things I've missed lately, like True Grit, Tron Legacy and Black Swan, preferably at times inconvenient for....people.
  • Go through the special features and commentaries on the Dollhouse season 2 bluray.
  • Crown a winner in the 2010 TNRLM Favorite TV Character Contest.
  • Catch up on a ton of podcasts I've been stockpiling.
  • And of course, watch the Dawgs close out a disappointing season with a bowl victory.

What about y'all? What's on your holiday to do list?

Speaking of to do lists, this has to be my favorite:

No comments:

Post a Comment