- No one guessed all 25 characters. No one did last year, either. In 2009, the winner correctly identified 24 of 25. This year, the winner (and the runner up) got 20 of 25 correctly.
- There was a tie for first place, and the winner was decided by 8 minutes on the timestamp.
- There were three characters that no one guessed correctly. (#1, #8 and #23).
- Only one person identified #19 and #25.
- Depending on how you slice the numbers, almost all of the shows represented are niche programming or ratings-challenged. A quick look at ratings trends indicates that 92% of them garner less than 5 million (total) viewers on their first run (cable shows, though, pick up additional viewers with repeat airings. And as we all know, total viewers are far less important to the networks than 18-49 viewers).
- Five of the shows represented already been canceled. (sniff)
- Networks represented: FOX with 4 mentions, BBC (!), FX and HBO with 3, AMC, NBC, SyFy and USA with 2, and CW, DirecTV, Showtime and Starz with 1 each.
Monday, December 27, 2010
I'll be back shortly to announce the winner of the contest, and reveal the characters, but first, a few observations: