Sunday, August 24, 2008

Only time will tell if these things should be handled sober

Remember last year, when I thought my fantasy football draft was a bloody mary soaked debacle?

This year was different. Instead of 27 pitchers of bloodies and panicky trades, I approached this year's draft loaded up on nothing but 3 pots of coffee. I'm not sure that the results will differ that much, as many things need to break my way to have a successful season, but I'm reasonably pleased with my team, given my drafting position.

At the end of the 2007 campaign, my squad (dubbed Area 51) won the "AFFL Bowl" head to head championship, and I finished fourth overall in total points, just a c-hair out of the money (3rd place: 579.78; me: 579.44).

Since we play in a keeper league, of course I retained the services of the visored one, Fantasy Hall of Famer LaDanian Tomlinson, with my first pick. After that, it was a crap shoot. Here is this year's team:

2008 Area 51











QB Carson Palmer Bengals
QB Matt Leinart Cards
RB LT Chargers
RB Kevin Smith Lions
RB Ray Rice Ravens
RB Andre Hall Broncos
WR Laverneus Coles Jets
WR Roddy White Falcons
WR Santana Moss Redskins
TE Jeremy Shockey Saints
TE Kevin Boss Giants
D Seahawks
D Texans
K Jason Elam Falcons
K Mike Nugent Jets

No comments:

Post a Comment