Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hey, Gimpy McCrutch, who are the whores?

Given the lack of football on TV today (sniff), I actually watched some of the NBA on ABC (ESPN on ABC, presented by ESPN, courtesy of ABC, ESPN and Disney, featuring the talent of ESPN and endlessly promoting ABC!). While it was no substitute for the pigskin, I did get to see about 735 promos for the soon to be returning Lost. I'm not one of the (Dharma labeled) "shark jumpers" who thought they spent too much time on the Other Cage Love Triangle, though I did want to see more of the original Losties than we did. Still, I'm anxiously awaiting the return of the one of best shows on TV. In honor of the endless loop of commercials today, I thought I'd post one of my favorite things, a list of Sawyer's Nicknames. Funny stuff, that. Ana-Lucia, Charlie and Hurley are particularly amusing.

On a less enjoyable note, what the fuck is up with the Pussycat Dolls doing the theme music for the NBA? Remember John Tesh's compositions for NBC and CBS? (yes, I know he's not very cool. But his sports theme music was, and he was once on Star Trek, so I'll give him a break). Hank Jr. for Monday Night Football? All the classic instrumentals from the 70s? Now we have Pink covering Joan Jett for NBC Sunday Night Football. And this group of tranny looking hookers doing the NBA? Hell, I'd take the tinkling piano of Masters coverage or even that Rob Thomas song the NBA used a couple of years ago over this crap. While the song itself is not particularly offensive (it wants to be some type of homage to the swing era, much like Christina Aguilera's recent album, but that featured some uptempo smoking horns), it doesn't fit very well with the NBA. It has a flute, for crissakes. The only way I can relate a flute to basketball is that Isiah Thomas is getting sued for probably asking an employee to play his skin flute. And one of the tramps is wearing a Kobe "8" jersey. Is this supposed to be a "throwback" to, uh, last year? Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment