Monday, December 22, 2008

The future is barren

One of the many downsides of the holiday season is that there is absolute CRAP on TV.  I looked at the "To Do List" on my TiVo, which extends out for at least 10 - 12 days, and saw that there was basically NOTHING scheduled to be recorded. 

Well, there were 2 episodes of PTI, which I will watch, of course.  There was an episode of the now-canceled Eli Stone. And I think the S2 premiere of Secret Diary of a Call Girl, which was inexplicably boring despite much Billie Piper cheekiness and nakedness.  But other than that, nada.

To get me through these dark days, I do have some eppys saved up in the "Now Playing" bank, as well as S1 - 3 of Supernatural (which I just discovered, and which you should be watching if you're not already) on DVD.  Oh, and there are probably some bowl games.  I foresee lots of bloody marys in my future.

Oh, but here's a Festivus miracle:  the sheer beauty of the "remote DVR Scheduler."  While I was at work today, I saw in the paper today that The Soup is doing a year end special tonight.  While I was outside (freezing my arse off) having a ciggie, I brought up DirecTV on the CrackBerry, and "told" my TiVo to record it:

 
How awesome is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment