Saturday, October 4, 2008

Do you have manly skills?

According to Popular Mechanics, here are the 100 skills every man should know.

I scored myself at 45. Does that make me an average Joe, or a panty-wearing Nancy boy?

Some things I think I know how to do, but have never actually done (such as perform the Heimlich, or escape a sinking car). Some things I have done, but don't want to do any more (like use charcoal in a grill, when I can twist a knob and press a button; or change a tire when I can just call AAA). Others are kind of sketchy. I've been near tornadoes when I was a kid, and experienced my fair share of lightning on a golf course (and even begged for it to hit me once in college, but that's a long story). I didn't give myself a point for surviving floods, although logically, what do you do except go for higher ground, and look for floaty stuff?

I think they were missing a few, too. What about mixing a perfect martini or cocktail? Tie a real bow tie? Grill a steak? Handle a skid or hydroplane when driving? Give a speech? Hook up a home theatre?

So, what did you score? And what's missing? And Quien es mas macho?? Fernando Lamas o Ricardo Montalban?

No comments:

Post a Comment