Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dr. Horrible Soundtrack just as brilliant as expected

I was doing some housecleaning tonight (and frankly, recovering from the holiday weekend), and put on the newly purchased soundtrack to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. A few things that struck me listening to the tunes, without watching the show:
  • All the singers are spectacular. NPH is awesome, of course, but watching the show, I didn't get a total feel for the quality of Nathan and Felicia's singing. Felicia is wonderful and sounds even better melding her tone with someone else's in a duet, and Nathan was so adept at "acting" the obliviousness and self-absorption of Captain Hammer, you lost sight of his vocals. He's damned good.
  • The "Bad Horse Chorus" (both versions) still makes me laugh out loud.
  • You also get a better feel for the lyrics and just how incisive, witty, poignant and character/story driven they are. You can read them here.
  • The songs are endlessly re-listenable. I cycled through them twice just now, and was entertained the entire time.
  • And did I mention the "Thoroughbred of Sin?" Hee. That still cracks me up.
Purchase yours today and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment