Friday, February 8, 2008

This week's Ledger

You know, I completely forgot to assemble a "ledger" for last week. I think that's because the past couple of weeks have been a blur. Other than a few diversions, work has been kicking my ass, mainly in a good way. So there's not much to report. However:

Plus:
  • Lost. Mind? Blown. Welcome back.
  • Instant messaging.
  • Freshly ground coffee. The staple that keeps me going.
  • In Treatment. There's something about this 30 minute drama that keeps me coming back, despite the fact that all the characters are fucked up. Or maybe because all the characters are fucked up. When you think about it, that's a 2 and a half hour TV show for the week. But it's much like trend toward mini-desserts. Or the wonderful tapas dinner I had Monday. Or the pony bottles of Miller we drank in college. So small, there's no guilt about overindulging.
  • The mortgage interest exemption on your taxes. A small consolation for the financial havoc wreaked upon me last year, but hey, it's something. Live in the present, right?
  • Interesting and eye opening conversations.
  • Signing day. Welcome to the fold, AJ Green.

Minus:
  • Static electricity. Before the winter is over, I think I'm going to be electrocuted in my office hallway.
  • Super Bowl commercials. Overall, a disappointment.
  • Super Bowl victory. Yes, it was a great game. But we faced the Sophie's Choice of hearing obnoxious Boston fans crow all year, or obnoxious NY fans crow all year. Blergh.
  • Speaking of which, football is over. Damn.
  • I think I have some type of bug. Not sick enough to see the doctor (not that I even know who the fuck mine is up here), yet not well enough to sing from the rooftops. Because we all know how often I do that. Still, I feel like I'm just dragging my ass around. (of course, that could be because it's my ass).
  • Intently watching and reading about the presidential primaries, and realizing I hate all the candidates and no one really speaks for my issues (without the baggage of being at cross purposes with my beliefs). November is gonna blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment