Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday morning gaggle of goodies

Tidbits from a JJ Abrams chat on the new Trek movie.

I don't think I've blogged enough about Lost. Here's an interview with Jorge Garcia about last week's Hurley-centric premiere. (Did we determine definitively that it was Christian Sheppard -- Jack's "kinda dead" dad -- in the rocking chair in Jacob's cabin? Was he the one there when Locke visited Uncle Jacob's cabin? And what was up with Hugo filming a scene in the chair?)

Has UGA "dominated" the last decade of SEC football? Hey, I'm a homer with the best of them, but even I might call "shenanigans" on this list. Yes, there's been a remarkable consistency and two conference titles to boot. And the list is really just ranking by wins over the 10 year period (and 9.7 wins per year is nothing to sneeze at), but two schools "behind" UGA have won national titles, and a third should have played for one (sorry, Aubbies).

The pop culture gift that keeps on giving. Would it surprise you that I know someone who is not quite as classy as this? Or who makes dear Brit-Brit look like a model parent? No? Okay, move along now.

The sci-fi cliche drinking game. Smile in recognition.

Television's best show returns in March, with a couple of specials to get the newbies up to speed and celebrate the brilliance.

How the fuck can you make a song title out of this? However, unless she winds up in the nutshack with Britney, or detox with virtually every other celeb these days, I think it's an inspired choice. And I actually liked Chris Cornell's take on the last Bond theme.

And you thought the two recent Fantastic Four flicks were bad. As my nerd brethren are probably aware, there was a FF "movie" before Jessica Alba tried to emote as Sue Storm. I'd never seen footage from this gem, but now some has surfaced. Check it out.

Did you guys know that I cut an album? Courtesy of Albums That Don't Exist, you can make yours, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment