Monday, December 24, 2007

Random Dawg Update

Perhaps it's been the distractions of relocating, moving, packing, fighting with Comcast and mourning the loss of scripted television, or maybe being without my beloved NFL Sunday Ticket until a couple of weeks ago, but I've been a bit clueless about the location of some of my favorite DGDs (Damn Good Dawgs).

I didn't realize that Verron Haynes (or Vernon Hayes, according to nonsensical football analyst, famous spittle slinger, Irene Ryan lookalike and GOB Bluth wannabe Lou Holtz) was NOT part of the Steelers this year. However, with Fast Willie Parker becoming Not Really Very Speedy At All Willie Parker, the Steelers have signed Mr. P-44 himself.

I had also heard that David Greene (Winningest College QB Ever tm: 42-10) wasn't part of the SeaPigeons anymore, either. Was this because they traded for Charlie Frye (college record: 21-25)? Or did this happen before? However, 14 is part of the KC Chiefs practice squad.

This probably isn't "news" to anyone except me, but nice to see the DGDs gainfully employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment