Saturday, December 15, 2007

Aldo Nova was right.

Remember back when I drafted my fantasy team? And how I thought I was destined for one of the worst records in the league?

Turns out the season wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be originally. LT finally started to look like LT, LenDale White kept the starting job and put up decent numbers, Cutler stabilized, Andre Johnson came back at just the right time, Plax didn't practice (cue Allen Iverson soundbite) but kept getting into the end zone and Nick Folk puts 'em through the uprights. So after a drop off in the middle of the season, I rallied toward the end and found myself 8 - 5, and in the first round of the playoffs. Last week, I blitzed my first round opponent and put up a 50+ effort (great score in my league) and also won the "total points" prize for the week. This puts me in fourth place for "total points" for the year and within shouting distance of 3rd place. However, my second round playoff matchup puts me against a team with Tom Brady at QB. Given the love and respect between the Jets and Pats (and The Hoodie and The Mangenius), I expect Brady to throw for 12 TDs and bury me early. I can only hope that the blizzard expected to hit the northeast slows down the Pats prolific aerial attack and keeps the game within reach.

Still, not a bad result after I wasted a third round pick on Brandon Jackson (who? look for the RB on milk cartons soon) and vodka-ed my way through the draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment