Monday, October 1, 2007

Interim Gameday Report

Sometime during the long tailgate and travel weekend, I seem to have caught a cold. So I feel like crap, and can barely work the remote control on the TV, much less a keyboard for posting the highlights of the gameday weekend. However, here are a few tidbits:

  • I got my bags checked at the airport by an NFL Pro-Bowler's dad.
  • I experienced CPAP envy at the airport security scan.
  • Jukeboxes in Dawsonville prohibit "rap" or "metal" until after 10 PM.
  • Tall boys of Miller Lite are still inexplicably value-priced.
  • Noel Devine is a black hobbit. But he shouldn't wear shoes.
  • The trip to Athens included a re-enactment of the 70s classic Death Race 2000.
  • There's a country video that features the old frat house as a character.
  • Freaknik broke out next to us at the tailgate.
  • Someone in our section at the game shit their pants, without an odor-absorbing astronaut diaper.
  • 320+ rushing, and Thomas Brown kicks ass. So does Moreno. Tripp Chandler? Not so much.
  • The personal and professional worlds collided mysteriously at Applebees.
  • When cell phones don't work as planned, just yell across a crowded bar: "What number do I need to call y'all?!"
  • Comment from the E's to Miz Freebird after spending 3 minutes with her hubby and passenger post game, post 5th Quarter show: "You need a hug."
  • Knocked Up is indeed funny, and I'm glad I got around to finally seeing it.

More expansive thoughts on the weekend later this week, if I feel up to it. All in all, a great weekend full of college football upsets, good times, great friends and most importantly, a Dawgs victory in an increasingly topsy-turvy SEC season. Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment