Thursday, September 6, 2007

NFL Predictions

The season is mere moments away, and it's time for some TNRLM predictions. On the old "Accountability Scorecard," (yes, I keep a spreadsheet that tracks all my bloggy predictions on the Oscars, MLB, The Sopranos and other things) I'm hitting at a 60% clip. So, do with that knowledge what you will and gamble your kids' college funds accordingly.

NFC East: Reggie Brown plays here (Philly).
NFC South: I got drunk and saw my first stripper here at 15 (Nawlins).
NFC North: Rex Grossman is Teh Suck (Bears).
NFC West: I've never been to the pacific northwest, but think I might soon (Seattle).
Wild Cards: Like Georgia, but with bigger hats (Dallas), and they won a Super Bowl in my hometown, while I was wiggin' in Vegas (Rams).

AFC East: Their old helmet looked like Patrick Henry taking a shit (Pats).
AFC South: I really, really want to hate Peyton Manning. But I can't. He's too smart, too nice, and too good. But white on white unis still blow (Colts).
AFC North: I fucking live here, so I better pick 'em. Plus, you can't go wrong with or more uplifting than Poe (Ravens).
AFC West: My Fantasy Life depends on this (Chargers).
Wild Cards: I really should hate Cris Collinsworth, too, but I can't. He's my favorite analyst (Bengals). Jay Cutler, the best 'Dore since Jim Morrison (Denver).

Super Bowl: Chargers vs. Nawlins.

Super Bowl Champ: Chargers. Despite my better judgment on Norv Turner, I really think he'll pull a Switzer or a Gruden, and hoist the Lombardi with someone else's players.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Marshawn Lynch
Defensive Rookie of the Year: LaRon Landry
MVP: LT
Offensive Player of the Year: LT
Defensive Player of the Year: Shawne Merriman
Coach of the Year: Sean Payton

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are right... except for the outcome of the Super Bowl! Go Saints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy to make comments after Week 1 is almost over, right?

    However, I like almost all of these selections.

    I would have gone with the Patriots in the Super Bowl from the AFC (Norv Turner factor)..... and probably the Steelers over the Bengals for the wildcard. (Marvin Lewis is becoming known for his 8-8 records).

    In the NFC, I would have picked everything exactly the same, except I would have put the Eagles in the SuperBowl (with the codicil that Chunky Soup Boy remains healthy).

    After yesterday, I suspect the Panthers may have a good shot at the South, or a wild card..... however, that is definitely a hindsight pick.

    Patriots over the Eagles in the SB.

    (And, as to the Saturday post, it was a muskrat or a groundhog, not a mole. I suspect they may be an endangered species somewhere; or at least in the mountains of North Georgia if the better half is driving).

    ReplyDelete