Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It puts the baby in the basket

Things I'm thankful for today:

Google maps. I think I've mapped out every conceivable combination of starting point and destination in Maryland, and printed handy directions and maps for them all. When the world is right again, GPS unit here I come.

The Crackberry. Everything you might need, right in your hand, no matter where you go.

New labels on the Sterilite containers. Remember the old days, when you wanted to pull off the UPC label on your Sterilite container, so it would have that pristine, unblemished exterior? And the label would come off in pieces, and leave a sticky, haphazard residue that took hours of scrubbing, an exacto knife and Goo Gone to remove? No? Those labels didn't bother anyone else? Not at all? Oh, okay, chaos worshiper. But the new ones just peel right the hell off, no muss, no fuss.

Liquor stores that give you boxes for free. God knows I've done enough business at Jax to more than compensate.

Duct tape and Sharpies. Very handy for moving (and of course, writing the box inventory on the outside. Just below the "Bacardi" and "Hennessey" logos).

Large One Zip bags. Don't want the contents of your box co-mingling? Put them in large bags (that I still feel compelled to label in the solid white area with a Sharpie, even though I can obviously see what's in 'em). And yes, I was one of those kids who used a plate with dividers, just in case you were wondering.

Whiskey. Just because.

All the AJCs I saved anticipating this day. No better use for Furman Bisher or Terrance Moore than packing material, or lining for the litterbox.

And "safety labels" like this. While I don't have kids, thank GOD this label was here to warn me, or I might have packed a child inside one of the Sterilite containers and not remembered to poke some airholes and toss in a Bob The Builder toy bench. (Of course, an ex once forgot her toddler in the garage for a while, so I guess some mentally challenged folks really need these).

No comments:

Post a Comment