Monday, August 13, 2007

Are there stronger words that "fuck you" for Comcast?

I previously ranted about my multiple problems with customer-raping shit-box peddlers Comcast on Saturday morning.

Well, since then:

I tried to watch some of the Friday night shows I enjoy, that my "DVR" presumably recorded: Doctor Who, Psych and Monk. During the playback of Monk, the box crashed twice - each time requiring me to manually restart it and wait on it to "reboot." I did see the entire show, so it wasn't a total loss. It did not record Psych. My friendly, reliable old Tivo would have noticed that it "missed" a recording (left me a message in the menu telling me WHY it missed it), and AUTOMATICALLY recorded the next showing of the show in question. Which would have been easy, since USA conveniently airs multiple repeats. However, the Soul-Crushing Anal Raping Television Enjoyment Diminishment Device (tm) did not do this. Fortunately, I found a repeat of Psych and set the show to record. As I happened to be home, I also chose to watch it live. During live viewing, I once tried to hit the "repeat" button to catch a line of dialogue I missed. Crash. Off. Reboot. 10 minutes later, it crashed again. I was left with 3 "snippets" of program with "Reboot Gaps" (tm) for one hour show. Eventually, I stitched together the pieces of this program to make a Comcast Viewing Quilt (tm), which you can imagine only enhances the joy you feel watching a program. Doctor Who didn't record. No explanation. No warning. No attempt to schedule it in the future. (Skiffy is kinda stingy with their Who repeats).

I suffered through four more random crashes while watching various live TV shows on Saturday night, and finally called customer service. (Speed Dial #4). We went through 3 rounds of "I'll send a signal through the line," "unplug it for a minute and start it back up" over the course of 2 hours. Finally, fed up, I implored these douchebags to send a technician out and to bring me another box. That's scheduled for Wednesday, conveniently pinpointed at 6PM at 9PM.

Sunday, 5 more crashes and stitching together an "Entourage Quilt." Today I get home from a long day at work, and wanted to watch Monday's PTI. For which I set up a Season Pass -- or whatever the Comcast equivalent is: Give the Machine Some Instructions from a Logic Impaired Menu that May or May Not Actually Record What You Tell It (tm). No recording. Even though Sunday, I checked to see if all the shows I have set up to record for Monday (Big Love, The Closer, Saving Grace, PTI) and there they were, listed in the "scheduled" recordings. We'll see what happens tonight, and how many crashes I have to suffer through just to see what happens to Brenda Leigh Johnson and the Henrickson clan.

To make matters worse, they air all these Comcast commercials on the dead space they couldn't sell to legitimate advertisers. "It's Comcastic!" they keep saying. "It's Com-Fuck-You-In-The-Ass-Tastic!" I keep hearing.

Watch your cable news channels Thursday for reports of a mass shooting in a cable company office.

No comments:

Post a Comment