Monday, December 5, 2011

Most Annoying TV Characters

Vulture just ran a piece counting down their take on "TV's Ten Most Annoying Characters."

I completely agree with several of their choices: Will Schuester, Ted Mosby, Andy Bernard (who wears on my last nerve so much I almost always fast forward through his scenes), and Josh Shannon. I would probably agree with a few more, but I don't watch their shows, so I'll just take their word for it.

To that list, I'd add:

  • Tom Haverford and Jean-Ralphio from Parks and Recreation. I know they're played for laughs, but my douche-meter is easily tripped. And they don't make me laugh.
  • Nelson Van Alden and Lucy Danziger from Boardwalk Empire. He's a pious, stone-faced crazy zealot (though I think Michael Shannon is a talented and interesting actor) and she's a horrific baby-voiced character played by a terrible actress. I mean, how often do you see excessive nudity on an HBO show and say "just NO - please get it off my screen!"?
  • Henry from Once Upon a Time. Take your fucking book and shove it up your ass. I would actually endorse an Evil Queen child abuse plot.
  • Shirley from Community. And in the context of the Greendale world, they say Britta Brittas their interactions. As a viewer, Shirley Brittas my enjoyment of the show.
  • Lori Grimes from The Walking Dead. If you're stupid enough to think "morning after" pills work weeks later, then you're stupid enough to be an appetizer for the undead.
  • Quinn and LaGuerta from Dexter. Really, it could be almost all of Miami Metro except for Dex and (fucking) Deb. But Masuka is good for laughs, and Angel can occasionally not actively antagonize me as a viewer. But these two? Ugh.

What about you? Who makes your "annoying" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment