Wednesday, April 6, 2011

In which I talk about, surprise, television





I recently guested on the "Confessions of An Internet Addict" podcast with the charming and welcoming Stephanie. You can find my particular episode here. Or, if you want it in iTunes, I believe it should be here.


I virtually met Steph on the twitter, and we seem to share a love for all things TV. So naturally, we talked a lot about the tube - likes, dislikes and upcoming shows we're eagerly anticipating. No major spoilers for anything (unless you were catching up on The X-Files and hoping the mythology all made perfect sense at the end. In which case, uh, enjoy the standalones. They're really good).

She was a gracious host, and this was my first podcast. I had a great time, and didn't sound too much like an idiot. This was also the most prolonged exposure to my own voice I've ever had. And while I'm not Janice from Friends or The Nanny, I do have to wonder....where the hell am I from? What exactly is that accent, other than marinated in whiskey and Marlboros? (Although, either through careful editing, or my game of "quiet mouse" while recording, you didn't hear the ice in my glass or my zippo like you always did with Ron Moore podcasts).

Anyhoo, give it a listen and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment