Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fictional presidents make better decisions, TV notes and the earth is just a wee bit older than some believe

Gearing up for the second season of Mad Men, here's a great look back at Season One. (If you haven't seen it yet, first, shame on you, and second, SPOILERS ahoy).

Despite getting some horrific reviews, I'm still eager to see Hancock. Probably because the stars are all so damned likable, and yeah, I'm a sucker for genre fare like this. If you want to see them all amuse each other, and us, check out the latest in MovieFone's "Unscripted" series.

What's up with FOX and the interesting TV shows? First, they actually made Sarah Connor fly and actually renewed it, then they gave greenlights to Fringe and Dollhouse. Now they put Tim Roth in a TV show about a "human lie detector?" Awesome. (And damn, I could have used his services a couple of years ago).

Let me get this straight. The "tax 'em all" liberal wants to further blur the line between church and state and have the government fund more supernatural-based shenanigans -- even more than the current presidential zealot? Blergh. I have nowhere to vote. (Too bad a fictional character like this isn't running. Although I did like what I saw of Jeff Bridges' food-obsessed POTUS. But he couldn't shoot down alien spaceships, which might come in handy sometime). More on the waste of "our" money here.

Speaking of which, I don't think Shaun's flat-earth beliefs are keeping him off a roster. I think it has more to do with the fact that he runs out of bounds too often, lays down at the first sign of contact and that the Seahawks had to throw close to 600 passes last year.

Or maybe he's just not that bright.

Related: if the Earth is only 6,000 years old, how do you explain this?

Psyched for the new season of Psych? Here's an interview with Dule Hill and James Roday.

"Global warming" causes, well....everything
. But this guy might not agree.

Back in Georgia, when I wasn't home, I was on the golf course. When the cat's away, the mice will play, so wouldn't it have been ironic if this had happened? "Excuse me, just playing through" indeed. Hey, at least it would have paid for some of the booze and ciggies.

Has anyone watched Swingtown yet? They're stacking up on the TiVo, but I haven't been motivated to watch thus far, despite the promise of disco and harvest gold and avocado kitchens.

No comments:

Post a Comment