Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'll take potpourri for $700, Alex

Cute interview with the talented Jane Espenson, writer for Buffy, Firefly and Battlestar Galactica. After finishing the season with BSG, is there any doubt she'll move to Dollhouse? Because of course, it will be a major hit and FOX won't cancel it.

Wanna keep track of how many are dead on BSG? Here's a handy chart. That's gonna need some updating.

The World's Greatest School doles out some more awards for the highest achievement in television. Winners include 3 of my favorites: Dexter, 30 Rock and Mad Men.

This is adorable. What if Charles Schultz created Watchmen?

I'm a big fan of Torchwood, but last week's ep about the "night travelers" was plain stupid and full of holes. I'm hoping for a rebound tonight.

New show about advertising on TNT. On the upside, it's got a great cast and is produced by the folks behind The Closer. However, will I watch this the same way doctors do Grey's Anatomy or cops do CSI: Miami, and just say (insert Gob Bluth voice here) "Aw, come ON!"

Speaking of CSI: Miami, I think I've posted several times about my reasons for watching this dreck. And I say that as a fan of CSI: Original Recipe. It's my "go to bed" show, because the plots are relatively self-contained, and I haven't seen many of them, so it's perfect to doze off to. And if you watch it as a comedy, it's just so much better. But I'm just increasingly filled with hate and disbelief with every episode. Is there a more painful actor to watch on TV than Caruso? Every self-important line is delivered head cocked, as he walks off screen holding his shades. Every single fucking one. And he's supposed to be a CSI, not a one man killing machine who has to be the greatest shot since Quigley Down Under. I've seen him take out teams of machine gun wielding assassins and entire moving trucks with a pistol. And I despise the smug, horrible acting of Delko. And the teeth and tits of Boa Vista walked in from a poorly crafted soap opera. If not for the twangy charms of the bald cop and Emily Proctor, I might die in my sleep one night after watching this.

Even when she was too young for the prom, she's just frosted cupcake perfection.

We all Know-Shon. Apparently the rest of the world is starting to take notice, too. (h/t Georgia Sports Blog).

You can put the skank in the minivan, but not much really changes. Speaking of which, Dallas is behind the times. This was happening in Columbus Georgia a couple of decades ago.

Over at Trekmovie.com, they posted some funny "alternative title sequences" to the various Trek shows. This is my favorite:



Mike Hampton goes on the DL. In other news, grass is green and water is wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment