Saturday, March 22, 2008

This week's Ledger

PLUS:
  • You gotta start with the Hoop Dawgs run to the SEC tourney championship. A limited roster picks the perfect time to get hot and put on the Cinderella slippers. Fan hardships with the weather aside, how frakkin' sweet was it to win that thing on the home court of the North Avenue Trade School insects?
  • 22-10 after the first round of the brackets, with all my Final Four still intact. Not great, but I'll take it. (This, of course, is in my "real" bracket. I offered up a $10 entry fee sacrifice to Karma, picking the Dawgs to go all the way in a "bonus" bracket. Surely this gesture of goodwill will count toward something when the real sport rolls around the fall, right? Because we all believe in the supernatural, right?)
  • Littermaid customer service. I've long been a user of the Littermaid automatic litterbox. The more things can be automated and out of sight, out of mind, the better. Check the food, water and litter once a week, and that's about it. Yet another reason why I love cats -- so self-reliant and hassle-free. However, like most things mechanical, from time to time there's a malfunction. And Littermaid has the best customer service this side of Nordstrom. I went through a drill I've been through a couple of times before, and once again, the response is stellar. The litterbox "rake" gets off track and can't be fixed easily, so you call them. You send them a brief note of explanation, a couple of parts off the catshitter and a receipt, and a few days later, they send you a perfectly new unit. How awesome is that?
  • If you're not watching HBO's John Adams, you should be. A brilliant cast and an important story. All the bullshit today makes you forget that we started this goddamned country to escape excessive taxation and religious zealotry. I got chillbumps watching the founding fathers discuss the true meaning of freedom and liberty.
  • After a few cocktails last night, I pulled out Buffy's S6 classic, "Once More With Feeling" as a pick me up. Despite not having the theatre room cave with surround sound at my disposal, the quality of this ep never fails to disappoint. And if you echo those sentiments, here's a flowchart you should enjoy.


MINUS:
  • I didn't do a ledger for last week. So either that's a minus for me for being slack and lazy, or it's a minus because the week was so lame and nondescript that it didn't even merit a few bullet points.
  • Still can't find Once More With Feeling (the soundtrack) on iTunes.
  • I've just been frelling exhausted lately.
  • As noted above, watching John Adams, you recognize the eternal wisdom of the men who established this country. Seeing the choices today for our government leadership makes you sick to your stomach, and eager to go dump some tea in a harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment