Saturday, October 13, 2007

Well, I know somone that likes to fuck ATMs. Is that close?

An artificial intelligence professor thinks it won't be long until humans have sex with and marry robots. In fact, he believes the sex part should happen within five years and that Massachusetts (of course) will be the first state to legalize robot marriage.

I'm not sure about all of that, but I know I've longed for the "reboot" option quite a few times. Plus, it reminds me of this line from Season 5 of Angel:

FRED: We think so. The nervous system seems human at least, but the rest of the technology is so foreign to us. We can't be sure of anything right now. This thing really blurs the line between human and robot.

SPIKE: Aha! So you're not ruling out that a human being could've boffed a robot. Sex with robots is more common than most people think.


No comments:

Post a Comment