Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I haven't noticed the dented cars.

Just a random observation I made today. In Atlanta, every "big box" store you drove up to had abundant fields of shopping cart return "corrals." Publix, Kroger, Home Depot, Wally World -- you name it. There were vast expanses of available parking, conveniently dotted every few yards with a cart return. (And by the way, does anyone else look at their shopping list, decide how much stuff you're going to buy, and then gauge your parking strategically based if it will take a cart and how close to a cart return you are -- all for maximum efficiency with minimal labor? No? Just me?)

Here in crabland, a typical Safeway will have maybe two returns for the entire grocery store parking lot. I don't give a damn how good the store is -- if you don't provide a checkout dude (my first job) to wheel my groceries to the car and take the cart back in, OR provide ample and convenient cart return corrals -- I'll leave your fucking buggy wandering in the wild like Anne Heche or Martin Lawrence on a three day bender.

No comments:

Post a Comment