Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Make plans for Sunday

Personally, I'll probably be sleeping off a wicked hangover after having doused my sorrows over drafting a pitiable, probably soon to suffer debilitating injuries, underachieving, poorly scoring fantasy football team to surround The Lord Thy God LaDanian Tomlinson.

However, if you haven't been watching AMC's new instant classic drama, Mad Men, then here's your chance.


Read this pimpmercial from esteemed professional television critic Maureen Ryan (just in case you haven't been listening to yours truly, an amateur television critic who brings you these brilliant recommendations for free) touting Sunday's Mad Men marathon. Mad Men is definitively the best show of the summer, and instantly entered the pantheon of classic, complex and multifaceted dramas.

Edited to Add: I'm a moron. I was breezing through the link above in my newsreader and missed all the references to "Labor Day." I thought the marathon was this coming Sunday, not the Sunday after next. But that's not the worst of it. I got confused about episodes being shown in the marathon -- and wondered why they were showing a "new" episode as part of the marathon instead of its regular time on Thursday. (Which wouldn't be the case if I could use a calendar. Or read). So if you click the link, you'll find a post from yours truly demonstrating my idiocy, and getting a helpful reminder from Maureen that the marathon is indeed NEXT Sunday -- Labor Day weekend. (See? That's why I'm an amateur television critic and not a professional). In that case, I probably will have stopped whining about my fantasy team, and will instead be working off the hangover from the first UGA game of the season, a win over the Cowboys from OSU, and enjoying some time in the "motherland." However, if you haven't yet watched Mad Men, then you should be tuning in to this terrific new show.

No comments:

Post a Comment