Sunday, July 15, 2007

Preach it, sister

Great article here from well respected TV critic Maureen Ryan about the tragic flaws in the Emmy system. Yes, occasionally they get it right, but more often than not, they don't (see the partial list of "never nominateds" she cites). She also takes the time to point out the Peabodys, developed and awarded by a brilliant, wise, universally praised and challenging institution. (That, of course, would be my alma mater, the Henry W. Grady School of Journalism at good old UGA). It should be noted that they recognized the best show on television, Battlestar Galactica.

I would add to her list of suggestions for improvement: give me a vote. Hell, I couldn't do any worse than the current voters do, and I guarantee I watch far more television than they do.

When the official announcements come out, I'll blog away about them, and like last year, offer y'all my choices for nominees and winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment