Friday, June 15, 2007

"Fantastic" Quiz

In honor of today's release of The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, here's a fun little FF quiz from MSNBC. (For comparison's sake, I scored 100%. Yep. Geek).

I'm ambivalent on the movie. I had extraordinarily low expectations for the first one, and it barely surpassed those, to be mildly entertaining. It didn't tightrope the line between cheese and camp very well, Doom's origin was off from the source material, I didn't buy a blonde, blue-eyed Alba, the dialogue was horrible and at the end of the day, what was the threat? Victor is pissed about his company? He doesn't like Reed, because of stock prices and/or Sue? However, Chris Evans was note perfect as Johnny Storm, and for all the bad dialogue and sometimes sophomoric costuming, Michael Chiklis was a solid Ben Grimm. So, it had its "I'll put it on in the background while I do a crossword puzzle" charms, I guess. And the new one? Of course, the arrival of the Silver Surfer and Galactus are iconic moments in all of comicdom, and I'm not sure I trust the movie's creative team to handle this with dignity, despite the very promising trailers. Might be suited for a margarita fueled matinée.

No comments:

Post a Comment