Sunday, March 25, 2007

Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!

Oddly, this isn't a post about last spring. Nope, I was flipping channels yesterday and came across the movie adaptation of John Grisham's A Time to Kill. I think I saw this in the theater a decade or so ago, and perhaps even caught it during its first go rounds on the movie channels. But except for Sam L. Jackson's oft-repeated line (the title of the post, in case you weren't aware), I had forgotten just about everything about it. So I got sucked in and watched it and was simply amazed at the level of talent involved with this thing. Of course, I use "talent" loosely, since it was directed by Joel Schmumacher, who made this in between installments of grudge fucking the Batman franchise into oblivion, before it was rescued by Chris Nolan and Christian Bale. But Schumacher actually did a respectable job here, even with the heavy handed race relations material.

As I mentioned, it seems even the smallest roles had recognizable faces. In a single movie version of Whodat, here are some of the cast members:

No comments:

Post a Comment