Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Yes, it's hard being a "Company Man."

I was going to write this wonderfully eloquent and analytical post about last night's Heroes, which was the best episode of the new series, and right up there with the best hours of television this season (including Lost's two gems, "Not in Portland," and "Flashes Before Your Eyes," BSG's "Exodus, Part II," "Unfinished Business," "Rapture," Doctor Who's "Doomsday," Studio 60's pilot, Veronica Mars' "Poughkeepsie, Tramps and Theives," Bones' "Aliens in a Spaceship" and "The Girl in Suite 2103," Dexter's "Shrink Wrap" and "Born Free," among others).

Key words are "going to," since I've had a long, rotten, trying day and decided to crack open the bottle early. At this rate, I'll probably wind up passed out in my basement in a plate of cheese fries, with my cats eating my hair, by the time we find out whodunnit on tonight's Veronica. (my money's on Tim Foyle. But I'm not counting that as an official prediction. Ya know. Cuz I'm hammered).

Nonetheless, I'll just say that this eppy of Heroes, focusing mainly on HRG and his backstory, was the stuff of legend. The folks (posters) over at TWOP obviously agree, giving this on an average -- average -- of A+ after 1591 votes (as of now). That's almost unheard of. Jack Coleman (one of Dynasty's two "gay Stevens," can you believe that?) knocked it out of the frakkin' park, and Hayden Panetierre proved that she, along with Kristen Bell, is the best "pound for pound" young actress working on TV today. (Mary McDonnell would get my vote for best overall. And Ellen Pompeo obviously weighs less, skewing my "pound for pound" analogy, but doesn't have half the acting talent of Hayden and Kristen. Plus? Meredith is an annoying, whiny whore and I hate her. So there).

Hell, I even found Matt Parkman, freed from the dreary ball and chain of his slutbag trollop of a wife, to be immensely entertaining.

So, not much in the way of insight here boys and girls, I'll just leave you with a few choice quotes:

"How do you feel about paper?" "Very enthusiastic!"

"He's thinking in Japanese." "Why are you thinking in Japanese?!"

"I'm not gonna nuke the dog!"

"Vivisections?"

"If you're not back in an hour, look for the mushroom cloud."

"People are fragile, like teacups."

''I'm comfortable with morally gray''

No comments:

Post a Comment