Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Silence of the Lamb. RIP, you magnificent bastard.

Wow. That was a shocker I didn't see coming. I'm referring to last night's Veronica Mars. The episode itself was top notch, but I'm a little sad over the passing of Neptune's resident asshole, Sheriff Lamb. Though the character wasn't exactly likable, he did provide an excellent foil for Keith and Veronica, was entertaining as hell and splendidly portrayed by all around nice guy Michael Muhney. (He's a Browncoat convert!) Plus, his final words were a nice shout-out to M*A*S*H.

It was nice to see a return to form for Logan, emerging from the emo-depths for a scavenger hunt (still. Bumfights!) But Parker is violating one of the sacred rules of friendship by flirting with her friend's ex. (What's the equivalent of "Bros not Hos?" Maybe "Chicks, not dicks?")

Mac gets laid! "And this is what you meant by 'crash?'" "Oh yeah, I meant 'bang.'"

Nice show for the "supporting" cast, and the gang was all here. Lamb, Cliff, Vinnie, Mac, Parker, Wallace, Weevil.

I was also glad to see a bit of the "moral ambiguity" return. Basically, Keith and Veronica helped the coach's son perpetrate insurance fraud.

Great lines:

"I just remembered I need to return Caged Heat to the video store."

"Why is there a pistol in the freezer?"
"There's this guy, see, I wanna put him on ice."
"Revenge is a dish best served cold."
"I wanna commit murder in the 28th degree."

"You told me to go see the wizard and ask him for some guts."
"Did you?"
"Yeah, he told me you were the only sheriff in America who was a true friend of Dorothy."

Can't wait until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment