Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Morning After is no Tramp

I kinda enjoyed last night's Veronica Mars, "There's Got to be a Morning After Pill," though not nearly as much as last week's chuckle filled "Poughkeepsie, Tramps and Thieves."

The mystery of the week wasn't too obvious, but since when is the televangelist NOT the bad guy? C'mon, let's have at least a little realism, folks.

It was nice to see Weevil back to being Weevil, but I can certainly do without Emo Logan. He was much better and funnier when he was organizing bum fights.

What's with all the license plate attention lately? Still, that can't compare to Monday's Heroes (see below).

I don't blame Veronica for her nightmares and visualizations. Hard to bleach that stuff out of your head. Lord knows I went through that when I spent a year with Columbus's answer to Courtney Love (well, Courtney Love without the moderation, morals, class and parenting skills).

And she didn't crush the car? After the uplifting homilies from the evangelical moron? V, don't you know that revenge is a dish best served cold? And crushed into a small cube?

Despite being a letdown from last week, there were a few amusing moments:

The Nancy Drew and Hester aliases.

"I feel like you've got this wadded up Maxim magazine where your heart is supposed to be."

"The rebound starts with me? Nice."

"You do your hair like that to cover up the three sixes on your scalp, right?"

"It must be a liberating thing not to be cursed with a moral compass." (again, personal flashbacks to last year for me. Argh).

"If we're not going to have an empty sexual encounter, I've got stuff to do."

"Bonnie's a preachers daughter? How very Footloose."

"Harassing women in crisis since 1973!''

Overall, B-

No comments:

Post a Comment